Rust can stain many surprising and hard-to-reach places. You might remember from your high school chemistry class that only iron or iron alloys like steel can form rust when exposed to oxygen and moisture. But that doesn’t completely limit rust’s reach. When rust comes into contact with other materials that you wouldn’t expect to rust—toilet bowls, concrete garage floors, or the ceramic sink in the bathroom—it can leave behind nasty stains that generally don’t come off with soap and water alone. Fortunately, for ugly rust stains, Evapo-Rust® Gel comes to the rescue. Here’s how to remove rust stains with Evapo-Rust® Gel.
How To Remove Rust Stains with Evapo-Rust® Gel
From small projects such as chrome rims and bicycle frames to larger ones like cargo van interiors, Evapo-Rust® Gel clings to vertical, rusted surfaces. To remove rust stains, brush it on. Allow it to work. Then rinse away the rust with water. Because Evapo-Rust® Gel is non-toxic, non-corrosive, biodegradable, and contains no acids or alkalis, you don’t even need to use gloves, masks, or protective eyewear.
Steps to Use Evapo-Rust® Gel
- Prepare the item’s surface by removing any dirt or grease. For best results, do not use in direct sunlight and at temperatures between 60°F and 90°F.
- Apply gel by brushing or rolling.
- Wait for 1-2 hours or until rust disappears.
- Remove with a soft towel and water and wipe dry.
- Re-apply if needed for heavily corroded areas.
Evapo-Rust® Gel is proven effective in removing even deep rust on all types of mild steel and iron. It is safe on all surfaces and will not harm copper, brass, aluminum, plastic, rubber, or vinyl.
Evapo-Rust® Gel Properties
- Remove rust stains on concrete, masonry, porcelain, glass, and other surfaces
- Contains no VOCs
- Low odor
- Safe on chrome and most painted surfaces
- Will cling to vertical and inverted surfaces
- Safely removes oxides from most metals, including copper, aluminum, and brass
- Can be brushed or rolled on
Remove Rust Stains with Evapo-Rust® Gel
Evapo-Rust® Gel combines the rust removing the power of Evapo-Rust® with the ability to cling to vertical, rusted surfaces. It’s easy and safe to use. Find Evapo-Rust® Gel online or at your favorite local retailer. If you have any questions about how to remove rust stains or any of our rust-removing products, please don’t hesitate to call us at 888.329.9877.