Learning how to remove rust stains is simple with Evapo-Rust® Gel. Keep reading to discover more.
Have you ever picked up a canister of shaving cream from the edge of a tub or sink one day to find a reddish-orange ring left behind in its place? Rust can stain many surprising (and hard to reach) places.
You might remember from your high school chemistry class that only iron or iron alloys like steel can form rust when exposed to oxygen and moisture. But that doesn’t completely limit rust’s reach. When rust comes into contact with other materials that you wouldn’t expect to rust—toilet bowls, concrete garage floors, or the ceramic sink in the bathroom—it can leave behind nasty stains that generally don’t come off with soap and water alone. Fortunately, for ugly rust stains, Evapo-Rust® Gel comes to the rescue.
How to Remove Rust Stains
From small projects such as chrome rims and bicycle frames to larger ones like cargo van interiors, Evapo-Rust® Gel clings to vertical, rusted surfaces. It is non-flammable and contains no petroleum solvents. Because Evapo-Rust® Gel is non-toxic, non-corrosive, biodegradable, and contains no acids or alkalis, you don’t even need to use gloves, masks, or protective eyewear. Brush on and allow an hour to work, then rinse away the rust with water.
Steps to Use Evapo-Rust® Gel
- Prepare the item’s surface by removing any dirt or grease. For best results, do not use in direct sunlight.
- Apply gel by brushing or rolling.
- Wait for one hour or until rust disappears.
- Remove with a soft towel and water and wipe dry.
- Re-apply if needed for heavily corroded areas.
Evapo-Rust® Gel is proven effective to remove even deep rust on all types of mild steel and iron. It is safe on all surfaces and will not harm copper, brass, aluminum, plastic, rubber, or vinyl.
Evapo-Rust® Gel Properties:
- Cleans rust stains on concrete, masonry, porcelain, glass and other surfaces
- Contains no VOCs
- Safe on chrome and most painted surfaces
- Will cling to vertical and inverted surfaces
- Safely removes oxides from most metals including copper, aluminum, and brass
- Can be brushed or rolled on
Find Evapo-Rust® Gel at your favorite local retailer. If you have any questions about our rust removing products, please don’t hesitate to call or send us a message. We are here to answer your questions Monday – Friday 8 AM – 5 PM, CST.