Safely Dissolves Layers Of Paint
SAFE-ERASE™ is perfect for indoor use. It doesn’t give off noxious fumes or vapors. This easy to apply gel clings to any surface and stays active for up to 48 hours. It powers through latex, enamel, epoxy, and even powder coatings while keeping you and your family safe from Methylene Chloride and n-Methyl Pyrrolidone.
No n-Methyl Pyrrolidone
No Methylene Chloride
No Caustic Alkalis
No Harmful Fumes
To remove latex paint, household oil based enamel, & spray paint:
Apply a medium coat (3 mm or .1 in) of SAFE-ERASE™ gel on wood, metal, or masonry surface.
Wait up to 1 hour for the paint to completely bubble up.
Scrape off with a spatula or putty knife and dispose of debris in waste basket.
Tips For Household Use:
- Protect hands with chemical resistant gloves.
- Always test a small, discrete area to determine results.
- Mask off areas SAFE-ERASE™ should not contact.
- Apply a thin coat by brush, putty knife, roller, or conventional airless sprayer to remover 1-6 layers.
- Allow 1 hour up to overnight for multiple layers of paint to release and crinkle. As long as SAFE-ERASE™ is wet, it is working.
- Once paint is loose, remove debris with a putty knife or nylon brush and wash area with warm soapy water. There is no need to neutralize the treated surface.
- Once dry, the area can be re-painted.
- Do not use on plastics, rubber, vinyl, or linoleum. SAFE-ERASE™ will melt soft plastics and latex gloves.
- SAFE-ERASE™ can be used on wood, metal, and masonry surfaces.
Extra Environmental Info: SAFE-ERASE™ meets the consumer products LVP-VOC exemption criteria established by California Air Resources Board (CARB) for consumer & institutional products & federal LVP-VOC exemption.
Click on the button to view or download a specific Safe-Erase™ technical document.